Heavy Craft did a deep dive on the websites of America's top 50 breweries and found that at least 72% are engaging in email marketing. And when breaking down their marketing platform preferences, we discovered some clear winners. By far, Mailchimp is the most popular email platform we could verify with well over half of the top breweries choosing it over the rest. Other popular choices included Emma and Constant Contact.
Mailchimp may be the most popular choice among the leading breweries, but does that make it the best? To make deciding easier, I've broken down the top choices to help you compare features and get started in your email marketing journey. As a bonus, I've also included a handful of other popular choices, some of which have a scope which expands well-beyond email marketing and could be very well-suited for your business needs.
||Who's using it?
FREE Plan Available
- Easy to get started with a free plan
- Solid base feature set
- Great reporting
- User-friendly template editor
- Pricing gets spendy for robust features like advanced segmentation.
- Custom-coded templates are only available for premium plans
- Custom branding not available on free tier.
- Segmentation options not available on free plan
- Limited support on free tier
- No phone support
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- New Belgium Brewing Co.
- Bell's Brewery, Inc.
- Stone Brewing Co.
- Deschutes Brewery
- Brooklyn Brewery
- SweetWater Brewing Co.
- Harpoon Brewery
- August Schell Brewing Co
- 21st Amendment Brewery
- Rhinegeist Brewery
- Allagash Brewing Co.
- Long Trail Brewing Co.
- Flying Dog Brewery
- Surly Brewing Co.
- Ninkasi Brewing Co.
- Revolution Brewing
- Georgetown Brewing Co.
- Full Sail Brewing Co.
- Modern Times Beer
- North Coast Brewing Co.
- Bear Republic Brewing Co.
Starts at $89/month
14 day free trial
- Great segmentation options available
- Good selection of well-designed templates
- Robust automations
- Shopify & Salesforce integrations
- Entry point pricing is high
- Offers only basic analytics
- Limited integrations (Just over 60)
- Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
- Odell Brewing Co.
- Troegs Brewing Co.
- Ninkasi Brewing Co.
- Karl Strauss Brewing Co.
- Uinta Brewing Co.
Starts at $20/month
Offers free 60 day trial
- Custom-coded templates
- Great for highly customized emails
- Advanced features are more affordable than many competitors
- Great support
- Social media sharing tools
- Great choice for event-focused companies
- Customization tools might be overwhelming for average users
- Templating can be difficult for non-techies
- Limited A/B testing
- Backend UI seems a bit dated
- Stevens Point Brewery
- Narragansett Brewing Co.
- Saint Arnold Brewing Co.
|Other great choices
- Zenreach — Brick-and-mortar Marketing
Great option if you're running a taproom or pub since the marketing platform integrates with your WiFi.
- Active Campaign — Email Marketing
Plans offer email marketing marketing, automation, a sales CRM, and website messaging.
- Get Response — Email Marketing
Solutions include email marketing, automation, landing-page builder, and ready-made funnels
- SendinBlue — SMS/Email Marketing
The focus on text messaging sets SendinBlue apart from the rest.
- HubSpot — Sales/Marketing/Service CRM
Excellent choice for growing sales and marketing teams and account-based marketing.
- Mautic — Marketing Automation
Growing open source marketing automation platform for text messaging, email, and more.